Monday, August 31, 2009

Untitled Love Poem

My heart hurts with intensity of the worst migraine
My pain stems from seeing love reduced to nothing but mindgames
Something with a shelf life, best used in a time frame
Forever seems much shorter nowadays, how radically have the times changed
No love is etched in stone, it's merely scrawled in sand
Just as stars fall out their sky, so falls his hand
Who holds onto nothing more than a false ideal
Grasping at the mirage you once thought was real
The frost reveals itself, though now her hearts concealed
It's cold year round, just imagine the kind of crops you'd yield
I'd imagine nothing surviving the early winter in her veins
As I decompose my compositions shall hold onto my remains
My soul to be contained in canisters, I've banished her
Tamed the wild child, formerly sliding down the banister
Manage her extreme views on love and the dying dream
Pour every ounce on this page, sooner than cry a stream
A pool from a puddle and a lake from a leak
You're from the world that doesn't understand the language I speak
A pool from a puddle and a lake from a leak
Stuck in the world that doesn't understand the language I speak

Peace, Hip Hop & Purple Rain

Gangsta Cru... Love Is

No comments: