Thursday, May 1, 2008

Progress

What's goody??

Check it out: Recorded steadily this month. Got it poppin' and have a couple of fly joints in the stash. Currently working on a follow up track to yet unheard track. See, I have this thing going all weird. Do the work, and keep doing the work, so when it comes time to put more out, you don't have to scramble. Not only that, I have a lot of other stuff trying to happen. Certainly, this is a change in pace for me. I can trust the new direction. It's not really new, but it's different from the direction I've been going in. Hell, it's actually going somewhere. Now that I have a little momentum, I can't lose it. I have to stay on the ball. Man, it's cool planning shit like this. I have a whole lot of stuff trying to get free, but it has to come out at a certain time, and in a certain order. Love, love, love rapping. It's the greatest thing. I don't have too much shit going on in my life, so this is it. I mean, people still suck, but as long as I'm doing music, I could care less.

I want this to be a good year. My 21st birthday is November 2nd. (Save the date... LMAO!!!) It's a Sunday. Nothing will happen more than likely. Hell, I'd love to have a performance that day. That would be awesome. I'm already awesome, but tearing up a show on my birthday beats my regular awesome. In fact, my awesome is better than your awesome. But dig this, I'm trying to test my limits lyrically. So now it's study time. I have to listen to the best albums I own, to get focused. I feel as though I need to recharge a little bit. Plus, doing this I have a chance to listen to some bomb ass music. Hahaha!!! So feel me, because I'm starting with "A Gangster and a Gentleman" by Styles P. Holla!!!

Peace, Hip Hop, and Purple Rain

No comments: